Friday, December 15, 2006

You Ever Wonder

Yesterday I was all down because my fam was doing the whole Christmas scramble. We had two ditch last year causing an uproar. This time around I was hoping to help coordinate a workable plan. The wrench was thrown into the machine yesterday.

I went to one of those rag-bin-like discount stores. I love finding workout clothes there. Instead, I ended up talking to a friend for a while on the phone and doing most of my Christmas shopping--you never know what you'll find there when you aim to not pay attention or actually get something.

They were also playing all these oldie songs. Like all romantic. Its funny what survives, you know?

This one stuck out to me:
One fine day
You'll look at me
And you will know
Our love was meant to be
One fine day
You're gonna want me for your girl

The arms I long for
Will open wide
And you'll be proud
To have me by your side
One fine day
You're gonna want me for your girl

(Bridge:)
Though I know you're the kind of boy
Who only wants to run around
I'll keep waiting and someday, darling
You'll come to me
When you want to settle down, oh

One fine day
We'll meet once more
And then you'll want
The love you threw away before
One fine day
You're gonna want me for your girl

Is it false hope? Can someone's love transform the love of someone else? Is that what it means to grow "together"?

No comments: