Friday, December 08, 2006

Dinner Again Prereflections

So I'm going to write about the whole dinner thing... but prior to that... I am sitting here, thinking about him, having seen him briefly today at the gym.

He pretended not to see me again as I entered the room. I love it because I can see him jump right before he goes into pretend mode.

At my job this week, I have realized that even not so smart people can be really slimy. I just got off the phone with my dad. He was giving me all this advice on office politics. I couldn't stomach to much of it. I'm weak.

After talking to dad, I sort of appreciated AB even more. He does his version of "politics"--but then, I can see through it every now and then. I can see this troubled innocence in him. Yea, I'm sure it's all a part of my own idealizations--but, even thinking about the dinner, he did several critical things to make it go a certain direction. I admire his manouvering. He's really really young. My second year in college, my head was just begging to spin. My sexuality was tearing me up.

My best female Asian friend acknowledged that AB is going light years beyond what's acceptable for their culture. True--gay Asians are many, however, those from his particular origin are more scarce.

In short, had some guy asked me out at the gym--even if I had liked him, I don't think I would've taken up the invitation. Sounds retarded but then again, I was during sophomore year. In his own wierd way, AB is going out on a limb.

No comments: