A few mornings ago and today I had the luck of going running right as the sun was coming into view. The fog was melting, and the trees were cutting up the golden beams.
I love it. I love it.
I like going running sometimes before dawn. The darkness lends itself to reflection. Unlike the night, the pre-dawn is a darkness that you know will soon end.
Running with the sun in your face is different. Its the actual beginning. Yesterday for some reason I just decided to buy a bunch of Diana Ross music--oh, because I heard it while Christmas shopping.
Now I'm a fan. Basically all of her songs are about love and heart break. Corny, cliche and whatever, but she spoke my mind yesterday.
Learning to love is not easy. I think its clearly the main mission of human beings. The manifestations of this universal lesson are likely infiinite. Anything from a pro-bono professional, to a mother Teresa, to a naturalist who takes people on expeditions, etc, etc. Nevertheless, to love is the charge.
I didn't know how I felt this morning. I was upbeat and ready to go, but something in me was not the same. I wasn't conscious of what it was yet.
As I started up my first hill I turned on "Ease on Down the Road". It was crazy how it captured my feelings. I never really listened to this song before yesterday evening. I had not known the lyrics other than the main chorus.
But when I heard the rest of the song, I started to cry. I stopped myself because I was running and didn't want to be paralyzed there. I rarely cry. I guess what I was feeling was that learning to love is a tough road. Either way one heads on the road, no matter which road someone takes, its hard. Love is real. Perhaps it is the basis for all reality. The only way to opt out of it is to deny it and all of its side-effects. There is a place for delusion and denial, but I think it must be the epitome of loneliness. To not be alone is to necessarily accomodate another consciousness, which involves all of the trials that love ultimately brings with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment