Have you ever wanted to try on someone else's world?
This question explains how I view relationships that I know will not be long term or permanent. Most relationships do not aproximate permanence even if they are long term. So in many ways, all relationships fall into the transitory category. Still, some relationships are foreseeably short-lived.
I look through AB's album on his online profile and I see a world so similar and yet so different from my own. Its reminds me of the one guy thus far with whom I have fallen in love.
We spent sometime abroad together and I remember at one point deliberately turning off me and just vicariously experiencing his world. I could have only done so without denying myself with him.
It was awesome. I loved experiencing him in that way. He asked what I was doing because he noticed the change. I told him. He chuckled both nervously and with curiosity.
I don't do it because I dislike my world--I think I do it to appreciate mine fully and to also experience a different one that is worth knowing.
I love people who can "foil" me. They are me in a different way. Like a man and a woman--different and yet alike--their distinctions only serve to bring into relief their similarities and vice versa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment