Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dinner Again 2

The dinner was all I could think about between the actual asking and the forthcoming event. It was pretty much a real date. He seemed happy and excited by it--me too.

Something was bothering me and I didn't figure it out until the hour prior to my workout that afternoon.

Finally it dawned on me. I know all the basics about him--how do I actually get to know him, as a person, rather than just his context?



I scrambled and did all these internet searches on good first date questions to ask. Basically all of them were retarded, ranging from what's your favorite color to movie.

One article focused on how to get a second date. The article suggested making one self scarce, fiercely discriminating regarding one's company, and basically being hard to get to know. These factors would essentially pose the tease that would lead to the second outing.

A friend advised that I HAD to get his number at this outing. For what? I wondered. Its not as if we might do anything other than eat together and workout. But I figured she was right. I couldn't come up with a fucken smooth excuse to beg for the digits. Fuck, I guess I'd have to improvise. I didn't eat much prior. I wanted my stomach to be nonexistent and my workout t to fit perfectly. It did. At least one detail had been covered. I also went in about 25 minutes later in order to make the later meal seem less distant from the workout. I figured we'd just go early.

I went in, and he was there. From a distance we nodded to each other. We met at one of the mats. I was to tie my laces, and he was doing crunches. No one said a word as we got down next to each other.

I guess we were too manly to speak. So finally, I just blurted out--Chest day? He paused, looked at me, and said, Yea, you?

Back, I said.

I got up and went through my stretches. He went back to the weights.

I noticed that he was more than half way through his workout. After a warm set, I went over and said, You're well into your workout...

He was really cocky as he stretched one arm, looked at me and smiled self-assuredly. He said, I came in early. I have somewhere to be at after dinner. I'm going to shower before, and then... he paused... I'll meet you wherever.

I was confused. I know I'm stupid and slow. Okay, I said.

WTF I thought. He has something scheduled after??? I felt trivialized. I couldn't believe it--but the actual internet article came back to mind. Then I put it together with what Asian Man had said--and finally, I thought--I think he's really looking forward to this meal.

We went through our workouts and no one spoke.

Finally, he came over and just stood next to me as I finsihed a set. I got down from the machine, widened my eyes, and said, so how do you want to go about this?

He smirked, and said, let me give you my number and then you can call me when you're done.

Fucken ay. This rocks.

I took out my phone, and handed it to him. He dialed. I hit send. I showed him the number going through and told him, you now have my number too.

I'll see you in a bit. I said as non-chalantly as I could. He smirked, as he turned to leave.

I went and did a really strenuous set afterwards. The weird guy who kicked me while I was down and now fucken worked at my company was working out right next to me. He knew about my sexual orientation before I came out. He's also known about AB as he has been nearby whenever I try to chat it up with him. He smirks at me whenever I seem to fall on my face. I think I'll call him Judas.

I didn't care and just went on with my workout. As I finished, I noticed someone standing behind me. I turned around and it was AB. I was surprised, and just widened my eyes again in question.

He held up his cell phone, and said, did you call me? I don't have any missed calls.

The call had not gone through. I could feel Judas' eyes burning through the back of my neck.

I whipped out my phone and we both got all close to each other as I redialed the number. I was getting hard. Finally, the number went through, he smiled turned and left.

I didn't bother to look at Judas. I just went on with my workout.

I wonder what Asian Boy had up his sleave. What was this other engagement after dinner? How short would he cut it? He was cute in giving me his number and then ensuring that had mine.

Part two of my plan was to go to a secluded place. I had pre-scoped it out. It was a gourmet salad place, perfect for his taste.

No comments: