Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Being Boy


I saw the Jessica Parker Gap commercial where she sings, "I love being a girl." As she prances through a pink old fashioned downtown, she extols the references to her teeth as pearls, hair as lambswool, and the other "whatnots" of being female. Her song is basically a different version of "Girls are made of sugar & spice, and everything nice--boys are made of snips & snails, and puppy dog tails."
Ha ha ha ha--well fuck that.

If I enjoy one challenge of being a boy, I relish in solving the problem of looking good within the paramters of not using make-up.



Bust out the abrasives, bedtime eye creams, toners, conditioners, and muds. Answer the riddle of shaving without bumps or ingrowns. Smoothen and chisel wherever necessary. Don't dress to impress--let flesh and blood take center stage. Make them wonder if you're wearing bronzer or eyeliner.

I love it.

Nature does it best--just show that shit off.

No comments: