
I cannot continuously engage in two types of activities that apparently dominate the free time of many of my friends.
#1: Movies
I cannot unless under dire circumstances sit still in a seated position watching something in a completely passive state. I hate it. Not even an action flick. I swear. I don't know how I even got through the movies I have watched. The Matrix does it, but not too many others;) Sharky went with her parents, husband, and BFF to watch movies for the entire freakin day. I just couldn't go--no freakin way. I went to the park instead did some running, push-ups, dips, and pull-ups. I'd go for a hike if a mountain were immediately available. Beff is also constantly inviting me over for freakin movies. I think she takes it personally that I never go. She and Dean seem to be together constantly cooking, watching movies, or having coffee/tea somewhere. I could do tea with someone who can really converse. But even then, I'd rather converse while doing something. I used love these activities. I wonder what happened to me. I guess I'm now more kinesthetically oriented.
Unfortunately, movies today serve the function that the Bible did back in the day--a collection of stories that established a common repertoire from which people draw examples to communicate. I swear to God that when people start with "like in the movie..." I tense up with fear because I'll usually not have seen the movie and consequently come across as if I grew up under a fucken rock. I'm not even trying to be funny--it's horribly true. Any wonder why I can't date? hehe. (I can do books though, but only old or boring farts know that shit, right?)
#2: Drinking till you Puke
Yep--the great global tradition. Although for me, perhaps twice a year does it. I love being out of control for a little while, but I hate the calories and the feeling the following morning. I usually only do hard liquor and because I'm generally undernourished, it's enough to send me well over the edge;) Beff & Friends drink on a consistent basis seemingly every other week if not more often. I'm impressed. Another friend of mine has been getting drunk every single weekend since he finished his law school finals in the middle of December. Steroid Boi seemed to do the same except he didn't have any finals ever :-P
So, here I am on New Years doing applications. I possibly am done with my personal statement and my most important rec. I am rather pleased. Some parts of them sound inspiring enough to mobilize a small army:) But as I get tons of stuff done, I am wanting a little relating with someone. I wish I knew someone just like me. With similar interests and passions. It'd be a freakin blast. Perhaps together we could save the world, take on the bad guys, push each other to new limits. We could be there for each other when we fail and succeed. U know, like Batman & Robin, except with steamy interludes!




1 comment:
I've conciously left out the I want to save the world part, well maybe just alluded to it. I was thinkging of staying in and working on NYE,but went out, got pretty drunk and got kissed by a cute guy, albeit only on the cheek.
Happy 2008 to you buddy!
What's this about you writing your own recs? hmm...
Post a Comment