Monday, January 29, 2007

Why It was Cupid

I wondered why the ancients thought of love as a capricious toddler--love doesn't make any sense.

Last weekend I went out to a party with a friend. She introduced me to this cheerleader. Hilarious I thought. This guy's a gymnast--built out of solid rock. Insane body. I think the sum of the measurements of his arms are greater than the measure of his waist. And he's got an ass to boot.

We talk, and I don't think much of it. I just don't think he's into me.

Later, he comes up and starts talking to me. He seems shy and waaaay more effeminate than the first time we talked.

My friend later tells me that he's told several of her friends now that he's really into me. I'm like. Aight. Let's see where this goes, because I didn't notice any upfront interest.

We talk again, and his shyness factor went up by like a factor of ten.

His voice even changed. He's cute, but there's something odd about the way he carries himself. Despite the buff bod and pretty eyes, his attitude was dominating, and it wasn't good.

I complemented his body. Told him looking like him was like my ultimate fitness goal.
He blushed and said that he should be no one's goal.

My goodness--take a fucken complement.

He had long eye lashes.

Finally, he said what I thought was not cool to me--he suggested I ask our mutual friend for his number. I resisted, probably not fully, rolling my eyes and asked for his number.

He typed it into my phone.

We parted ways for the rest of the evening, except for the moment when he came up to ask me that I please call him this week.

I didn't call him for over a week now. Our friend has prodded me about it twice during that time.

Her birthday was this past weekend. He was there.

I didn't think it'd be that big a deal. Ooops---perhaps it was.

I felt like a douche bag. But I didn't want to lead him on. Folk were like he has the most bangin body--tap that. I'm like--he's into me, like really into me. That'd be fucked up. If I could tell he could do so in a detached way, then bring it here. Otherwise, that's potentially messing with someone's head. When I looked into his eyes on my friend's b-day, they definitely did not say NSA.

No comments: