Saturday, January 13, 2007

the Fiasco -- Ending

His not knowing about a 2 hr early arrival for an international flight didn't make any sense. I don't know why I went along with it. Looking back, I somehow thought that maybe he was going to pull something because he felt uncomfortable with the favor. Though airport rides are common college favors, I am older and it does mean that someone is a reasonably good friend--otherwise why the bother--esp an early morning deal.

I had the feeling I pushed the limit of closeness too far for the situation. I got scared. I got scared that all the momentum I had worked my ass off to build up would be for nothing. He would forget me. He would comeback and pretend not to know me. Also, the relationship would be kept in the gym realm. Perhaps it only belonged there.

So I offered in my e-mail to pick him up from the airport when he came back as a means of making up for the 'foul-up'. He accepted in his reply however he didn't include his flight info and only wrote that he would let me know.

I replied with a message about his flight and about some stuff he was doing for our school back in Asia. I never got a reply. I guess no e-mail conversation was going to take place during this time.

I got the dates mixed up and thought he was coming back a few days before his actual arrival. So I emailed him again asking for his flight info. He responded with I'll see you when I get back, a thanks, and no flight info. So I asked again, he responded with half of his flight info and one other sentence saying that I really didn't have to give him a ride.

This last message should've been my cue. But I wrote back that a pick up was not a problem. He e-mailed me his full flight info.

No comments: