Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Reputation?

Since I will be going to grad school soon, I decided to join the email list of the LGBT group for that field at my old school so I could hear about events in my neck of the woods.

My thoughts are--I can be abreast of cool speakers, get used to the fact of being out, and perhaps meet interesting people, etc.

They knew I wasn't a current student--but they were cool with adding me to their list.

They're hosting a catered event and asked for an RSVP. I intended to go to this workshop but knew I wouldn't be eating. So I e-mail she who sent the inital message--the secretary.

Within the hour, I get a reply back from the organization's prez telling me that it's great that I am coming, and am more than welcomed to attend, and that he looks forward to finally meeting me.

What the fuck?!?

Who the hell is this guy?

After a brief but thorough internet background check I conclude I've never met this guy or seen this guy. He's attractive so I think I would've noticed.

"Finally"--this implies foreknowledge. The control freak is officially freaked. I can't know how this person knows me. Who knows what he expects. So much for trying to blend in and being the potflower on the shelf wall. Whooooopeeee...

No comments: