Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Roommate--Stunner

So I moved... and I have two new roommies. They are both very cool. Out of towners like myself. Both law school students, but.... and of course, here is the vain part of the blog. One is a stunner, i.e. could be a model if he went anorexic, and the other, is that affable guy who's just nice. Both are totally straight.

The Stunner, which I'll call him as such from now on, is well... super confident, just shy of being cocky, no, he's cocky, but also very nice. He's totally un-self-conscious. That's what makes his cockiness be more so confidence. Of course, he's uberly accomplished, I mean really--international prizes, athletic feats, a rigorous academic background, the whole 9 yards.

We met and all, enough for me to get the go ahead to move in. But we had not really broken the ice when I first moved in. Both knew I was gay when I moved in, but I assume they did not care. We are after all uber busy. Oh--they are both first years.

The first real conversation Stunner and I had quickly turned into a debate about the merits of the globalization of IP law. HAHAHA. We're both so competitive. I managed to slam him a couple of times, but of course, in all cockiness I did so in an understated way.

He's been nice, but mostly aloof since then. He did thank me for the sources to which I alerted him during our little debate/sparring match. He thanked me with a devilish grin on his face, as if to say, I enjoy the push back.

I'm cautious around him because I have this stereotype that all hot straight guys assume that gay guys are going to be into them. It bugs the shit out of me. To me that stereotype is born of a feeling of superiority.

Instead, I prefer to believe that straight guys secretly want to be like us gays. To be able to have men as our significant others, such that if we chose, we could live totally masculine lives... we could befriend guy guys and date them as well. If we chose, our best friend could be our best fuck as well. What an envy--to have all of that in one.

Well, here's the funny part. Soon after, Stunner asked me for some fashion advice. Haha, right? So I told him I'd send him some links so that he could educate himself. He did. He thanked me and then asked if I was on Facebook.

I'm impossible to locate on facebook since I'm invisible to everyone except those on my friends list. So I friended him.

Tonight, bored and alone, I decided to peruse his profile. Quite a profile. He's lived on every major continent. His international projects have taken him everywhere. The one aspect of him that's consistent with an unself-conscious hot guy is that he does have an abundance of pictures of himself. Let's face it. The kid cannot photograph poorly. As such, his voluminous albums trek back all the way to high school.

There are two consistent themes that I notice. He's very intense. Basically none of his pics are relaxed. He's always on the go or in the midst of some intense emotion--usually excitement or pure foolery, but its never 1/2 way. Second, he has no girlfriend in any of his pictures, and instead he's constantly portraying himself as an eligible bachelor in various pictures--wooing some imaginary girl or set of women, or construing a platonic picture as a funny moment pregnant with sexual tension.

How can that be? A totally gorgeous guy who's incredibly accomplished and seemingly emotionally sane without a better half?

Has the world gone mad?

Might I NOT be crazy?

Do these things really happen?

What is this, some sort of curse?

Honestly, why is he single????

No comments: