
I've been so quiet this weekend. Not talking to anybody and not hanging out w/ anybody. I finally broke the good news to my fave sister. Of course, my parents told her already.
I also told her why I didn't feel like I could tell anybody here at school. I'm getting honored for my accomplishment tomorrow at a small get-together. Some folks from the law school will be there, but thankfully not many. Hopefully they will not get into details about what's happened. I really dislike jealousy.
Tonight I told my sister why I haven't been talking so much. People here seem to like me alot and to take somewhat of an interest in me. If I were to be vulnerable and share news considered to be 'juicy', half the whole world here would know it in a split second.
I've witnessed news about me travel through the gay grapevine at lightening speed.
My sister acknowledged my concern. She also mentioned how she could understand how people might treat me differently if they knew the news. Things like that change how those around you act, she said. I hope she doesn't change.

Right before I went into the full details of my good news with my dad, the phone cut off. So for now, he thinks its just cool resume fluff. I told my sister to keep it on the down-low.
No comments:
Post a Comment