I gave in tonight... to my disease. I just had to.
I went to my little ceremony and had a blast. The news is true and there were 4 representatives to greet and to get to know me. I was flabbergasted. The guy who won this award last year was there too. I got to talk to him. Afterwards, he pulled me aside and said, "You don't know this yet. But you're in for one of the best adventures of your life... You don't know how lucky you are." He smiled big. I almost lost it right there and then.
I was all talked out by the end of the evening. And yet, I hadn't shared the news with anyone and was feeling lonely.
I got back to my place and phoned this girl who's been wanting to hang out with me for a while. So we hung out. We had a blast, and just as I predicted she didn't care when I told her my news. Yep, she's just not competitive--gold in the legal community!
Afterwards, I came back and I still felt lonely. Geekman was online and I gave into my weakness. I was about to ask if he wanted to go get a drink when he said that he had just taken his sleep medication. So I said, oh, well then we should go get a drink someother time.
Nope, he said, we could do so right now. Really????
Yup. He changed and met me downstairs in a quick minute.
I got personal. We discussed everything from love to how to contribute to the world. We talked about our past relationships. The quote for the evening:
Me: "Yea, I have this complex about being average, so I try to just date guys who have something really impressive about them..."
Geekman: "I can do handstands."
I almost died laughing. I hope he didn't take it the wrong way.
He's sooooooOOOOOOO C - U - T - E.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment