
1L sent me a letter this morning... blew me away... like just blew me away....
I'm going to paraphrase most of it... just b/c I feel uncomfortable posting something so personal that someone wrote most likely for my eyes only.
He wrote he was really nervous to meet me because during the past 2 years, I've become one of his best friends. He talks to me more than anyone. He hopes that I am as important to him as well. He used *gasp* the "L" word to end the first paragraph. We use it often as 'friends'... but the "L" word in this context was a bit different.
He wrote he was scared that our encounter would be awkward and that the friendship would tank as a result. He was surprised that we were exactly the same though.
Then he totally fed my ego by saying that I was one of the hottest guys he had ever met. My 'looks' were 'distracting' and that he couldn't take his eyes off my cheeks and smile during dinner. He said he wasn't exaggerating. That made me blush SOO hard.
He loved cuddling with me... etc. etc.
He ended by saying that he knew we met for less than 24 hours but that regardless, he didn't know the extent to which he had feelings for me. The context was that his feelings were beyond friendship. He wrote that he also found it odd that writing these things to me was so easy. He felt that he could say anything to me.
Needless to say, I was floored, stunned, and just left dumb-struck at work. Tomorrow I'll post about my response, my fear, and my conversation with him tonight. He has invited me to be his date at a wedding in the fall...
2 comments:
Gulp.
You knew this was happening and you saw it coming!! 1L is too cute for words-how do they make guys like him? Ahh, reminds me of a guy that I was soo close to-still am but we had that wierd kind of friendship were we only met once-he worked for me as a music writer but we would tell each other how much we loved each other...
Heh, I avoided this shit by cancelling meeting up with him all the time, I couldn't handle it at all and my work came first!
This is cool, really cool cause it's like a tv show..and you are waiting what's going to happen next...I'm such a romantic in these ways but when it comes to my own shit-I'm cold, cold, cold...
Well done about the scholarship too!
hey, also checked out your thing about religion-had not seen/read all your posts..just a few...but I really liked it and also the father/son conversation over dinner!! Heh! I know you weren't being antagonistic-but I love challenging people's perception...
Solid writing...
Post a Comment