Friday, April 11, 2008

Ha-- Deflation

Can't be an asshole for too long:) I got my first two real rejection letters today from two of the top 6 schools. It was expected. I'm lucky I got spared the disappointment of getting the rejection letters first. I didn't have anywhere near perfect numbers. So comes the end of a very fulfilling run. I took my best shot and did, not perfectly, but damn well.... Hehe...

I've gotten several comments now, both on this blog and from personal e-mails from peeps who read it, that my writing is not reader-friendly. Yep--it's 'stream-of-consciousness'--cuz I'm lazy. It is hard to read also because of my indirect way of writing which is a result of two reasons. First, I'm rather adamant about my anonymity. Not just for my sake, but for the sake of some of the people about whom I write. Some are somewhat recognize-able and would be rather upset if word ever got around, even in droplets, that I was writing about them. Because my world is small, my concern is amplified. Secondly, I wouldn't want anyone reading this blog to stereotype my blog. What does it matter what I look like or where I live? I would want only the very essentials to matter--the interaction between the characters in this story and the environment. Idealistic beyond practicality no doubt, but, for now, a seemingly worthwhile goal.

I also don't write in order. There will be new entries that appear in the middle of the blog b/c I've been working on them and finish them after more recent entries. Sucks, but I would hope that who ever cares can stick with it. I do get a kick from reader comments, and so advice, observations, and criticism are most welcomed:) Be brutal, be rude, be real--just bring it:) Consequently, I'm also going to go back to edit stuff and make it easier to follow. If all else fails, I hope y'all like the pics.

No comments: