Friday, December 28, 2007

Back to Reality


Wow writing up a draft of your entire admissions package can be quite a new experience. Yep, I am essentially writing all my recs along with the timelessly beloved personal statements. I brainstormed my personal statement a while ago so I have several outlines. The recs--well, I managed to get my hands on several real ones that were very highly regarded by law school admissions committees, making understanding this type of writing a lot easier.

I took the recommendation of a friend to take my work elsewhere in order to meet people. Went to Starbucks. Had one older gentlemen sit at the table in front of me as he stared right at me the entire time he was there. Another guy tried asking me about my laptop and whether it has replaced my desktop. I'm an asshole. Ugh, I hate it. I didn't give him the time of day.

I do however love the gayborhood, in particular the older men who are just totally comfortable with their sexuality and have a "nothing to lose" attitude about complimenting or flirting with younger guys. They weren't flirting with me, but seeing them flirt with others was a very nice change of pace.

Today I also applied to become an LSAT tutor. The pay rates shocked me. I'll be making hourly pretty much what entry-level docs make. I'll be making more money than my TTT lawyer friends. I don't even know what I'll do with all the money. That's a lie. But, the experience of not having but rather generating tremendous amounts of discretionary income is awesomely new. Fuk... totally inspires a hard-on;)

It's nuts. I could apply for these tutoring opportunities basically because I scored in a high percentile. Had I performed even just 'really well', I would be relegated to normal wages. I can't believe that my gamble at saving my money, quitting my job, and studying full time seems to have paid off thus far. Witnessing one 'good play' in the game of life is also pretty cool. Now I just have to keep these effective 'plays' rolling.

3 comments:

W said...

Good luck with the apps. I am nearly half way through.

PReview or Kaplan don't pay much.I am jealous.

Have a good new year.

Anonymous said...

hey, cool blog... btw, how'd you find such great pay rates? 3 digits an hour for lsat tutoring? which company? i just got 98% on the lsat and want to try making some $$$...any feedback would be great, thanks!

tino2 said...

Hey anonymous, wat's your e-mail? So I can respond to your comment.