Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Trouble in Paradise

Every so often the gym is just a fucken broiler of odd situations.

A while ago, Zeus and his girlfriend were working out—at the same time, though not together.

I didn’t want to get into shit so I didn’t acknowledge Zeus and my caution seemed to be well regarded as he didn’t look at me at all. I was working shoulders that day.

However, towards the end of my workout, through the reflection of the mirrors I saw his girlfriend crouching on the ground as if she was resting. She was behind one of the building’s large support pillars. They are big enough to obfuscate anyone who stands beside them from anyone on the opposing side of the room. I did not pay attention to where Zeus was at the moment.

I thought it odd that she was just crouching there. Perhaps she was resting, but that’s not exactly the most relaxing position. I continued my dumbbell shoulder presses.

I was going for reps and well into my long set, I felt a stare on me. I looked away from my reflection and eventually saw where it was coming from—the girlfriend was looking at me through the mirror—intensely, and she looked depressed.

I figured it was just me or an effect of the mirror—I was in her way. I looked again however, and her pupils confirmed that she was looking at me. After returning her stare, I expected her to break it off. She didn’t, and I went back to my reflection and still felt her stare. After a few more reps, I looked back—she was still just staring at me—with the same intensity and that same troubled look.

I didn’t know what to do. I kept looking at her, and she just continued staring. She won. I broke it off. I did finish my set however. I resigned myself to tuning her out because I realized that crouched in that position—no one was really going to see her so she had no incentive to break if off. The gym is fairly large. She had picked a good spot. Weird.

Other times I have seen her around, I’ve tried to smile at her or something—but she like Zeus is always barreling towards a destination. The few times she has looked at me after I look at her, she smirks. I don’t get it. I think I’ll call her Hera.

Yesterday, they both came in towards the end of my workout. I noticed because I saw a large figure coming my way. When I looked up and saw him looking at me, he pivoted brusquely and walked in the opposite direction. He was not nearby, he didn’t have to turn away to avoid me.

A few minutes later he started to set up along the same wall as me but as far away as possible. I was doing lateral raises. I felt a stare on me again. I knew where he was so I abruptly looked right at him—he was again staring right at me. He looked away hard, and seemed to continue with adjusting his weight belt. I couldn’t help it—I just laughed and smiled to myself.

He’s really good about hiding his stares. Recently however, I have caught him staring at me rather overtly—the best was while I was doing pushups and he apparently was glaring at my ass ;) But on this day in particular he was slipping big time—and his girlfriend was in the fucken room. Still, the times when we might have conversed, he seems to get immediately overly-interested in something else and practically ignores me.

He’s usually with her or surrounded by groupies nowadays too. I will have to find a time when that is not the case—and just fucken find out what the hell is up. Sunday late afternoons apparently seem to be good times.

As I was leaving the gym, Asian Boy was just arriving. I looked at him, surprised—and yet disappointed that I was leaving. My expression said it all—it was the pathetic giveaway of a crush. He was prepared—b/c he didn’t flinch. All he said was—You worked out already?

I didn’t know what to say—I also just wanted to eat him with my eyes. Finally, I just said—I have to work later today. Then he nodded and started walking again. I love his pink curvy plumped lips.

I didn’t expect his response. It was cute. He likes being at the gym at the same time as me. I have to ask him to workout with me. Doing so will doom my workouts—oh well.

No comments: