Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Someone Perhaps



It's been a crazy summer. Job market has crashed and my firm has yet to get back to me. Yes, I was a first year, but still. I have a call back tomorrow and lots of other stuff going on. Busy busy busy...

I fell for the lawyer, from the couple. I fell for him pretty bad. I told him as much. He was stunned. He couldn't talk for a while. After looking at me hard for a several moments. He penetrated me, with his glare. "You...," he said slowly, "are a very, very," another pause, "attractive man... in many, many different ways." I couldn't help it. I laughed.

I knew what he was going to say. I was getting told to good-bye. I didn't care how softly the blow came. Moreover, I felt patronized. I know he found me hot. I didn't need to be told that. I was convinced he cared for me. I still am.

He did open my eyes though. I didn't know what it was like to fall for someone for his ability to read me and my needs and for his willingness to be there. He was so self-less. Why? I don't know.

He was so geeky. So brilliant. Caring. Intense. And just plainly fucken cute with a tight body to boot.

Today was my first event to meet the new students. I wasn't optimistic. I mean law students. Yawn.

But I had to show up in my official capacity. I showed up fashionably late as usual, acting like I'm too important for this shin dig.

They were older than my class. More well rounded. Wow, the economy really did increase competition. I met several. Some were duds. Others were just too different from me.

I saw him in the corner, flanked by Geeky Guy and another geeky kid too. I would wait. I talked some more. Met some international students. Yawn.

The geeks left him alone. I didn't know who he was. I just saw that he was lean and tall. I introduced myself. We talked. I asked where he was from, what brought him to the city (he's been living here prior to school).

I made him laugh. Oh GOD--that smile, those teeth. His eyes--large, clear, light brown. Long eye lashes. He's slightly taller than me. I love looking up to someone. I really do. I love assuming that posture.

Literature, computer science, art--what did he NOT know?

We talked for the rest of the evening. Others came, including Geeky guy. They tried to get him to go out with them. He evaded their invitations well. The geeks were funny though--without trying of course. He and I laughed--at all the wrong moments, together =)


All were parting. He made sure to come over and say he was glad to have met me. He shook no one else's hand. I read too much into these things don't I? :-p

We all went our separate ways. This year could get interesting....

1 comment:

rickisimus2 said...

I agree: this year seems to be very interesting.