Friday, February 27, 2009

Another One Bites the...

dust.

3rd date they say is the sex date, and unfortunately for him, I just wasn't feeling it. We had dinner. Then I suggested coffee. He knew I lived on that block, so he said, "or, we could grab a bottle of wine, and just hang out."

He read my face.

"Unless your roommate is home, or something."

"He's there, and so is his girlfriend," I said.

I didn't talk. He talked a lot. He really didn't ask much about me. I didn't volunteer. At the end, I finally spoke up and shared about myself. I'm an overachiever with no time for anything. I love to achieve. And that's it.

Twas basically the message. The effect--his stomach turned. I could see it doing somersaults. He went to the bathroom, and came back with just one phrase--"I'm heading out."

Hilarious. At the end, after being so nervous to kiss me the past few dates, he didn't want to now!

I let him down, without having to ever let him down.

No comments: