
I got an inner ear infection... OMG, its like the worst thing in the entire world. The only way I can make the world stop spinning is to close my eyes. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.....
In other news, I have officially been inducted into the circle of fag lawyers... Oh man, no wonder 1L was worried about me meeting new people and forgetting him--they can be sexy, brilliant, and very soon-to-be powerful movers-and-shakers!
It all started with the LGBT dinner I attended during the admitted students' weekend. After the dinner I was invited to a birthday party where I met all these peeps who had gone to my undergrad. Great and all but kind of boring for me... Then I spotted this random guy who seemed to be quite sure of himself. I introduced myself and soon enough there were others around us chatting it up.

He had an exotic name which caught my ear, and I came to quickly know that he grew up in the same city as me. I asked which high school he went to... and lo' and behold we were off playing the name game. He went to a top 3 undergrad and knew a bunch of my friends from high school. He was on law review... was gay... etc. etc. etc.
Fast forward to yesterday, we chat on the phone. He's working for a top law firm here and throws me the invite for Lavendar Law and quickly introduces me over e-mail to the point-person for all things LGBT at our law school, who quickly facebook friends me. DAMN--the dude is cute, from a top ugrad school, and a resume that could make a Clinton blush.
Here's where it all ends... U know how Facebook tells you how many friends you have in common with someone? Well, I notice that I apparently have several friends in common with this guy. It doesn't take me very long to realize--holy shit, he's friends with a bunch of people Sharky knows!

Well, there you go--the gay mafia is alive and well and still, quite a small circle of peeps. But, finally... FINALLY... and perhaps this sounds desperate and stupid to many of you... I'M AMONG THEM.

Yay for me. I'm finally in the group of people I wanted to join. Although I had a hard time finding my niche as an undergrad... as much as I felt that I didn't fit in... I have a feeling that law school will prove to be home. Where else can bitchy, catty, altruistic, narcissistic, over-educated fags find their calling for the greater good?
No comments:
Post a Comment