Tonight was the event for which the buddhists have been working for quite a while. About a week ago, one of the girls confronted me about her issues with me. She couldn't figure out what her issues were, although she ended up crying. She was running this event.
I called Buddhist Girl about a week ago and asked her how she was getting to and fro these events. She said, "The bus." I said, that's not so cool... How long does that take?
Basically, I told her I was willing to drive her places and she thanked me all cheerily. I picked her up. She looked gorgeous. I wondered what kind of shape she was in because she usually wore non-revealing clothing--no doubts now--hour glass all the way. Her hair was perfect, her eyes, smile, her waist, etc.
She got in, and I apologized for being a little late. She's totally low maintenance. I luv that.
Recently, I was told that the buddhists hold a strict rule--people who meet through the group are not allowed to date while in the group. WTF???
Buddhist girl we be off for the summer soon and back at her home city. I can risk it, right?
"You look... really pretty," I refrained from 'beautiful' or 'hot'. I don't know why. I was scared of just being out there. "Thanks," she said in that cheery tone. "You look really good too," she added. Fuck, this girl was not affraid to be out there herself though.
We drove and chit chatted. There was prearranged VIP parking for me. Thankfully.
Arriving with her was awkward. I don't know why I felt that.
The girl running the thing separated us in terms of assigning us last minute errands. I didn't see BG until the end of the whole thing. She was chatting with her friends, several of whom were fairly good looking males. I didn't want to interrupt. I didn't know what her status was, and I was no one to make any assumptions. I moved away and talked with others.
She eventually was standing next to me. She wasn't nervous or expecting anything. She was just standing there, without any issues about her. So I just suggested, shall we head over to the reception?
Yea, she said. The founder followed behind us. We ended up getting food together. I thought she would then go and talk with the other folks. But then we ended up getting drinks together. Then I thought she would go and talk with other folks. Finally, we had all of our stuff, and she was just standing next to me again.
I looked around at all the couches and didn't know what to do. This other girl whom I know well, just gave me this teasing penetrating look--like, I know what YOU're upto. I paused instantaneously to shoot a look back at her, and then I moved towards a different set of couches that were unoccupied. BG followed and sat next to me.
So I started conversation--and it flowed and flowed. We laughed, chided, and poked fun at each other. At times, we were just awkwardly silent, and for the first time ever, I think it just didn't matter. She and I both seemed comfortable with the awkwardness, and just seemed to move past it.
Some people shot glances over at us, including the founder. He seemed to raise his voice while near us. I didn't flinch, and she didn't make any effort to shift her attention. I was FUCKEN floored. She started fidgeting with the string of her purse. She wrapped around her fingers. She was uneasy. I hadn't noticed this before in her.
My posture was leaned towards her. I looked stupidly obvious. Another member came and laid down on his back on an adjacent couch. We looked, but kept talking.
Another member, came and abruptly pulled up a chair in front of us, and we both were surprised and looked up. He noticed our reaction and asked, "I'm sorry, am I interrupting a private conversation?"
"NOO, NOOO...... Please sit down," we both said. He started conversaiton. Then someone sat next to me, and started conversation. Then more people came and started sitting around us. We were drawn out of our talking. She laid her purse down in front of her on the coffee table.
People were talking to us a good bit. A crowd had formed and the food begun to be put away. I noticed her reaction so I went and got more for her. She smiled and ate from what I brought from the kitchen.
Eventually, she picked up her purse and hugged it to her chest. Shit, did she want to leave? I was already retardedly obvious? Should I leave with her as well?
She kept clutching her purse, and finally, she abruptly said, I have to go. I leaned into her right away and said, do you have a way home?
I can find my way, she said, and started heading out. Fuck, I needed an excuse and soon.
"Sooo, where's the bathroom around here?" I asked the dude, next to me. I left. And rushed in her direction. I ran to the parking place, got my car, and hoped that I would catch her on her way to the public transportation.
I pulled around in front of her and hit the curb. She noticed me in the car and started laughing. I shouted, jump in, and she did. She couldn't stop laughing. I said, I wasn't going to let you take some fucken train back home. "Thank you," she said sweetfully in between her giggles.
We drove, and eventually we got a little more real about the group. She didn't want to say anything negative, but I was like--feel free. So she sort of did.
I dropped her off, and she mentioned the next time we'd probably see each other. I was floored, and feeling a little damned.
I've noticed that a couple of the girls in the group have kept tabs on me, and this didn't help. The founder of the group seems to keep track of BG, and this didn't help either. I wonder what people are going to say? I wonder if either of us will be approached? Fuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment