
So the first time I visited my law school was during the admit days. I also visited my gym's local branch in the area. While at my gym there, as I was combing my hair, I saw this older guy who was unbelievably ripped. The man must have had 3% bodyfat at most. No joke. It was quite a sight to behold. He had a gorgeously symmetrical body as well. This is rare, and I knew it. All my shyness went out the window and I immediately rushed over to him. "You are SOOO incredibly ripped. What do you do to stay so lean?" I said with urgency.
He looked a bit surprised, but not much. "Why thanks. I actually read an article that really helped me a lot. Although, honestly, I should be asking you for advice," he said as he chuckled and looked me up and down. Ha, yea right, I thought to myself. He told me the publication and date. "Cool," I said, "I'l look it up." I went back to my locker to finish changing. I didn't want to make him uneasy.
1L was next to my locker changing. Wow... what a contrast to see an overweight 25 year old after just talking to a 40+ year old who was one of the leanest people I've ever seen in my life. I'm definitely going to be that older super-ripped dude in the future.

"I just saw one of the most ripped guys ever," I said to 1L as I finished changing. "Really?" he asked. "Yea," I said, as I looked over at the guy again. "I'd point him out to you, but he's clothed now," I continued.
As I finished tying my shoe laces, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked and Ultra-Ripped Guy had his hand out towards me with his card. "Here's my card," he said with a smile, "Hit me up if you have any other questions or if you just want to chat sometime."
"Gee thanks! I definitely will. I'm Tino. It's very good to meet you," I replied. We shook hands and the guy turned around and left.
"Was that the guy?" 1L asked. "Yep," I said. "Well, you're certainly chatty today," he said. "Well, the guy was smokin' hot," I said with a smirk.

I e-mailed the guy later that day thanking him for his card and just to say hi. He e-mailed me back the article and we discussed it over e-mail. He asked what had brought me to the city. I said I was visiting a law school. Oh, he replied, my partner and I are both lawyers. No way! I thought.
Well, that sealed the deal. We planned to workout together, he invited me for dinner when I got into the city, etc. etc. etc. We shared reading lists, workout tips, etc. etc etc. He invited me to come stay with him and his partner if I felt the need to re-visit the law school in order to make up mind. I wanted to do so, but I didn't have the time. It was nice of him to offer though.
1L said that it sounded like a come-on. I said whatever, either way, the guy was good people.
So, when I got into the city, I called Ultra-ripped Guy (URG from here on out). He called me back and asked if Friday was good for dinner. I was like sure.
So, I headed over there today, not knowing what to expect. From our e-mail conversations, it seemed that URG compared me often to his partner. I didn't know what it would be like when I met the guy.
He told me that they lived on the 12th floor and that he would "bring the elevator all the way up" when I got there. Hmmm.... I wonder what that means.
12th floor. No big deal. I mean, my place is on the 15th. When I got into the elevator, I noticed that the building only had twelve floors. Hmm... Penthouse. Nice.
When I got off, I saw URG for the second time and we shook hands warmly. He ushered me into their living room which had insanely high vaulted ceilings. Their two dogs came and greeted me as well. The place was totally open with windows on every side. It had very little furniture and almost everything was wood.
As I looked up from the dogs, I saw his partner. DAMN. He was hot. He had a near full set of hair despite the fact that he was older and nearly all grey. He was wiry and wearing a very short sleaved shirt that showed off his cut arms. Welcome he said with a big smile. He had a nice smile.
They both ushered me into the kitchen and offered me water. I said I was fine, but then almost in unison they said, "Sparkling, tap, room, or cold temperature?"
"Uhm, I guess tap is fine. Cold... Uhm... THANKS," I said. They both went to the counter.
I was thinking--What am I doing here? I've never really met these people before. These are older guys. Why have they invited me here. I'm just a lowly law student. There are many of me and surely there are waaaaay cooler people than me that they know with whom they could be spending their Friday evening.
One got me water, the other picked up two bowls of nuts. "Here, have some nuts," URG's partner said to me. URG then motioned towards the stair case, and said, "Let's go sit outside."
Hmm... outside where? We went up a flight of the stair case, and then another flight. DAMN. They had a spectacular view that included the city's most prominent buildings. The place was MANICURED. "WOW...," I couldn't help but say. "Yea, the roof is probably the best part of this place," said the partner. "WOW...," I couldn't help but say again as I peaked over the shrubs. They pointed out to me the various noteworthy buildings.
So we sat down, and I was timid at first. But they weren't... They talked about their legal careers and how they got around to going to school. URG's partner was one of the top executives for a fortune 500 company. Nuts. URG, on the other hand had worked at a firm, then went in-house at a place that got bought out, I assume, for a handsome price. He also had won one of the most prestigious national scholarships while he was in school. I.e. the type Clinton won. DAMN. Hot and brilliant. Shit. He also might have been one of the youngest students to have ever won the scholarship. WOW.
As a result, he spent a year in Europe. So we talked about that for a while. They asked me about my workouts and my diet and wanted lots of detail. Then URG's partner talked about the hobbies he picked up in law school and what it was like for him. He hated law school!
"You MUST come over some weekend to our country place," he said enthusiastically in the middle of a thought. "You know, when school is getting to you and you just need a reality check. Don't worry," he said, "we'll let you study and do your thing, but at least you'll have a place that's away from all the craziness."
WOW.
I smiled big. "THANKS," I said with an implied "You bet."
URG said he was hungry, so we headed to a restaurant near by. The place was fantastic. The owner came by our table and talked us up.
They asked me what I did in-between college and law school. Wen I described my job to them, URG's partner put his arm around me and said, "Oh my gawd, I'm so going to need your help with a project I'm doing!"
We talked about that for a while. It was nuts. Then we got into conversation about the economy and life, and where our country was headed and the elections. We shared a serious mutual vision about what we thought was necessary. It was truly INSANE. We talked about political philosophy, etc. etc. ETC. We had a blast. We didn't want to leave, but URG's partner was traveling the following morning, and I had a bed time ;)
So we walked up to the corner where we were to part ways. I thanked them for dinner with a big smile, and as I extended my hand to URG's partner, I saw his expression of disappointment, so I reached around him and gave him a big hug. We smiled. I turned to URG and gave him a big hug too. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have met such an incredible pair! Talk about mentors!
No comments:
Post a Comment