I met my favorite super model!!!! I can now die happy and go to heaven!I was on the treadmill when I saw the hottest guy at my gym. I asked him out yesterday only to have him be weirded out and tell me in the same breath that he has a boyfriend. Ugh.... I managed to turn the situation into a pleasant one with a few quick witted compliments to him. He smiled big. But still, my bubble and crush were burst.
As I looked away from him and turned to head to the lockerroom. I see this guy stretching and looking straight in my direction. I immediately recognized him and freaked out. His eyes are literally lit from behind. There's no lighting necessary to make them so piercing and innocent simultaneously. I went to the lockerroom put my books away, and headed back out to "stretch". I just had to talk to him. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't take this opportunity.

He finished stretching and left. I stretched a little while longer. He was scruffy having not shaven and dissheveled hair that obfuscated much of his face. He didn't seem as tall as I thought he would be either.
I got up and went to peruse the gym. I found him and faked doing an exercise in the vicinity. Then he finished. Drats. Moving again so quickly would make it obvious that I was following. But instead, he went to the drinking fountain! Perfect! Few people were around that area and he would have to turn around and pass me if I "waited" in line.

So I went. He turns around, and I just stare at him and very cautiously lean in his direction. I thought he would freak out or worst yet, know exactly what I was up to and rush away to an exercise. Instead, he stopped, looked at me, and smiled. Not a knowing smile. Just a smile. I was totally shocked with absolute happiness. I smiled right away as well as he reached for his ear phones without breaking eye contact. As soon as one of them was off and I could tell he could hear me, I said, "This might sound weird..." He chuckled slightly without wavering eye contact or his smile. "But," I went on, "I really respect your career."
Yea, I thought about my diction. He's not the most well known model in the vernacular sense, and I am a dude. I had to say something that was at best neutral.
He smiled bigger again, and shook his head. "NO... that's not weird at all," he said. His voice was deep, masculine, and yet soft. I was enthralled. The whole world could have come to an end, and I would not have known.
"That's actually really, really, nice of you to say," he said. WOW... WOW.... WOW... I was dying at that point. "What do you do?" he asked. I was totally thrown off by this question, and he immediately realized that from my facial expression, and followed up quickly with, "that you know my career?"
"Oh," I said with a slight guffaw and smile. "Nothing! I've just seen your pictures." I smiled again, big and probably stupid. He stuck out his hand and smiled some more, and said, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Jason."
I chuckled without breaking eye contact. "Yea, I know," I replied. "I'm Tino. It's nice to meet you too." I pivoted signaling that I was about to be done. "You've done great work," I said with some finality, "I hope that you keep it up."
He smiled big again, and said, "Thanks!"
Then I left, and I felt like I was walking on air :)

No comments:
Post a Comment