
Sounds like the repeat of an old post doesn't it?
I was sooo happy. I mean in general. We met up at the first place where we had dinner back in the day. He was there before me, hunched over a binder doing work. I was running late, and had just finished up washing up with all the improvised products I had to get this morning. Still, I liked how I looked. Yea, I still feel all tingly inside when I see him. He's just the epitome of hotness in so many ways. He wasn't wearing anything to revealing so I wasn't struggling with intimidation at all.
I came up behind him, smiled big, and extended out my hand. "Hey!" I said enthusiastically, "It's good to see you again! How've u been???" He was a little taken off gaurd. He was serious and looked frazzled. He immediately looked down at my food, and said, "Oh you got your food already, I'll go get mine." Oops...
He was awkward... Omg... How odd... I thought he'd be comfortable with me by now. I mean I already came out to him, told him I liked him, heard him tell me that he didn't like me in that way, but that he was very glad that I told him so, and we've been e-mailing each other for quite some time now.
I went and got water. When he came back, I asked again, "SOOOO--how've u beeEEN???" I was very happy to see him again. He had been very gung ho about meeting up and had been texting throughout the morning.
But here was in front of me, totally different than the last time I was here--not confident. He sat down, and he said, I'm good. He smiled lightly, and then just stared at me. "How are you?", he asked. "Great!!!" I said. "How's life in the city?" "Great!!!" I said. We went over the basics, but as we did, I noticed that he was staring at me really hard. I stopped at one point and stared back with the same intensity but with total inquisitiveness, as if asking, what's up? What's with the staring my friend?
He noticed that I noticed, and slyly smiled, and briefly looked away. Then he stared back hard at me again, and then I just broke into a big ol' smile. I couldn't help it. I was happy and it was awesome to see him again.
We went over his going abroad and me working. His new passion is travel and he's thinking of graduating early just to round the globe. He's changed his career focus. He asked me about mine. Haha... we want to do the same stuff;)
He said, "I'm glad you got in" referring to the top school into which I got admitted. He has a lot of friends there.
I said how odd it was to come back and feel like I was arriving home. He laughed and said, "I don't think I'd feel that way." Well, I worked in the area for a year. I became an adult there. He nodded.
There was a pause in the conversation, and in Asian Boi-awkward-fashion said out of nowhere, "So are you seeing.... a lot of people while u're here?"
I was totally thrown off, and gave him a raised eyebrow. An odd question and even more oddly delivered. I said not really, just a couple of friends. Oh, he asked me about one of them. Haha, he's hilarious.
He was so uncomfortable. Said that nothing there had changed for him, except that he had less work. He seemed a bit down on himself about his career prospects, and I was thrilled about mine. I think that was one underlying oddity. Men can be so competitive.
He asked me, "Are you still going to the gym?" I sort of laughed, and said, Yup, and refrained from saying of course.
He said that he was going later that day. We talked about our families and about living in different places.
There was a long pause then, he had finished his food, and he had class. So I said, "you have to go now right?" He looked surprised and scared as if he had gotten caught, and said, "Oh yea" and looked at his watch. In the same movement he befuddledly picked up his plate as I got up too.
I said, "it was good seeing you again, I'll probably see you around the gym or something." "Oh," he said and looked down, I probably won't have time to go to the gym tonight, I have to go a friend's recital.
I looked slightly confused. A recital? Missing the gym? Hilarious. Nothing wrong with a recital, but this is the kid who goes to the gym no matter what. What a funny guy I thought.
Oh, I said, cool. I'll be back on Monday I said, perhaps I'll see you around then. "Yea, maybe we can together then," he said. I didn't expect that. I couldn't tell if he was just stressing that he might not be able to get together then or if he wanted to actually do so. "Cool," I said, "I'll shoot you an e-mail then."
We parted. What a funny kid. It always seems as if he wants something more but wants to refuse it at the same time. It's hard for him if he is gay. My old campus is a bitch in terms of conformity.
1 comment:
Hi,I just found your site. I like it and it's very intriguing. But I'm wondering, do you have a begining? As to a blurb as to why you started the blog? who you are etc?
Post a Comment