Monday, March 03, 2008

I'm IN!


It was a weekend for celebration for me.
I got my first admissions decision today. I'm stoked. I got into a top ten school! While I did get a high score on the LSAT, I did have one unbelievable awful semester in school. I also performed medicore to put it mildly my first couple years as an undergrad. I also only applied to the top schools. Law school admissions are known to be the most competitive on par with medical school. I knew that I stood a damn good chance of being rejected from every single school. Now, I can breathe easy. I like the school I got into and I definitely go there. To add a small cherry to the top of the cake, I also was admitted into their international and comparative law program, so I can acquire two degrees simultaneously within 3 years. It's sort of been a hidden dream of mine to practice international law. I can't wait to be honest. I almost want to leave right now and start school all over again. Get back to the gym, get back to the hot brainy guys, and get back to being the undercover ho. I was thinking of closing this blog down or rebirthing it as the 'inquiry' lost it's context the further school moved into my past. But now, it looks like the blog for now, is here to stay.

I partied and spent a lot of time this weekend with Steroid Boi. We went out Saturday night and I got drunk for the first time since Thanksgiving! We had a blast and I took a crash course in flirting from the steroidal highness. He's amazing and the for the first time I felt totally eclipsed in a club. I felt like no one saw me because everyone wanted Steroid boi.

On the flipside, Steroid Boi and I finally had a real conversation. We took a small break from the clubbing and grabbed dessert. Over a little strawberry short cake, I told him to tell me what was up with him. Drunk, we laughed and he said, no he doesn't ever get too personal with anyone. I said, we're drunk. I'll forget.

So, he sighed big, and he finally let it rip. He told me his true story. It was a lot to take. I'll post about it later. Lots makes sense now.

I did the same. I told him what really split my family up. That's a lot to take too. We talked for real and about what we really wanted to be different in our lives. It was quite a little moment.

We pigged out that night and laughed as if there were no tomorrow. Today, again we ordered pizzas and watched a total chick horror movie. We laughed and talked about our previous men experiences. For first time in my life, I felt like I had a real guy-girl friend. A guy friend who I could let my guard down around and still have fun. A girl friend because we're both little queenies and don't get on each other's nerves. At least not yet:)

We had a blast and laughed so much. I feel majorily blessed. I can't believe I'm going back to school and it's gonna be awesome.


1 comment:

W said...

Awww...Congrats..Muahahaha...A very fine achievement, I'm in too!We've gotta compare notes on IM soon. Gl changing the world shyster lawyer! jk.