Friday, January 17, 2014

Do they all fear me?

So I've been reading up on pick-up artistry and my eyes have been opened. If I had any doubts before that all those gorgeous men at the gym were into me, those doubts are beyond dead.

TM is back. He came around to get water by my treadmill. Of course he pretends not to see me, avoiding eye contact and saying hello. I would've been pissed except for one thing. He stops two steps later and begins to vigorously look at a glass wall that houses the cycling class. He seems to be searching for something. He bobs up and down and side to side.

There's nothing there. The room is empty. There is nothing beyond the room. But then I remember walking down that way... Those glass walls directly reflect on to my treadmill. He wants to know if I'm looking at him.

Is there room for doubt, sure. Except that about a half hour after he leaves the gym floor, he reappears. Fully dressed, with his large winter coat on. He comes around, again, to get water from the drinking fountain near my treadmill. There's a drinking fountain in the lockerroom. They well water at the gym entrance. Hell, I think there's even a drinking fountain by the front desk. The kicker, he paused to quickly glance at the glass wall again.... Dang, someone's a bit wanting to see me.

I acted cold and aloof. I wanted to see how far he would go.

After reflecting on my past interactions with him, I realized that I screwed up the most out of us two. Why? Because he shared and kept trying to share personal emotions and facts and I didn't take that as his investing in his interactions with him. He was stunned by my cold reactions. I was just truly overwhelmed.

Today, I saw him again. He looked at me this time and barely cracked a smile. He looked at me twice. His smile was in between the two looks. He didn't smile directly at me. He went to get a band and started to use it to stretch. I got off my treadmill. I was hyper and very amped on my music.

This couldn't go wrong. I know he wants to see me badly. Now he's even comfortable looking at me. I walked over to him fast. He got scared. He looked at me and then away really fast. He got into his stretching even more. "Hey!" I started and smiled big. He got more into his stretching. He didn't look at me. "Hey, how are you?" he asked. I'm fine. How are you? I asked. He didn't stop stretching. He didn't reply. Fine he finally said. But he didn't stop stretching. It really bothered me that he wasn't facing me. He was dismissing me. Then he slowly turned his head towards me, smiled, and said, "Happy New Years."

That was like freakin' two weeks ago. Happy New Years I retorted confused as to why he brought that up. He turned away and didn't say anything. He kept stretching. I looked down at his stretching and said. Well, I'll leave you to your stretching.

"Let's talk later" he shouted as I bolted off. WTF? The dick is back.

I jumped on a step mill. I started jamming on it. I saw him go to get water near my treadmill. I saw him duct as he tried to avoid me seeing him or vice vesa. Man this kid is like crazy not wanting me to see that he's doing things to check me out. What's his fear? Rejection. Ugh. Or just screwing things up.

He went to go do some pec deck flys. When I randomly look in his direction, I saw him jerk his head away. He was looking in my direction.

I finished and bolted off to stretch. Just then, the insanely gorgeous young banker came in and got on the treadmill two treadmills down from the one I was using. My gawd he is incredible. Well, I will play tonight no matter what I thought.

As I went over to grab the bar I used to stretch (I was thrilled it was available), I saw TM see me coming. He freaked and got more into his exercise. This is his universal reaction. He always quickly moves into action and pretends to be really into it when I come around. It forces me to have to make the first move of course. Usually though, he gets giddy when I actually come and talk to him.

But not tonight. The Gorgeous Banker (GB) was here and I was still pissed about his earlier reaction. Since he's so busy, he can come and talk to me when his time permits. He left before I finished stretching. He takes and hour in the lockerroom and I stretch for about 20 mins. We both know this. We've commented on it before. He might be assuming we'll run into each other there. But I'm not in the mood, even if I can act cheery after his little retarded cold welcome.

GB gets off the treadmill. He heads towards me. Grabs a large ball and starts doing situps. He's within eye shot but not ear shot. He does some more stuff around me. He finishes. He could've exited the other way, but instead he's walking past me.

Is it all in my head?

Boom -- as he passes, he drops a glove right in front of me. Oh dear. What might've caused that? In fact, I didn't see him lift a single weight tonight. Why was that glove even there?


If seen both of these guys stare me up and down when they think I'm not looking. I used to be annoyed by their clandestine peeping and yet cold and aloof demeanors towards me. Now I know... They just don't know what to do and are scared out of their minds of rejection. Its going to be up to me to deal with their initial rejection (b/c they will want to force me to demonstrate with lots of proof that I really won't reject them) and do most of the leg work initially. They percieve me as unreachable. Not necessarily by my appearance, although that is a necessary factor, but by the way that I carry myself. I make it obvious that I could dismiss God himself and shrug it off.

Truth is... I know both of them are nice guys at heart. I've seen their kindness in action and in the expressions on their gorgeous faces.


Of course, I did have an audience for all of this... All those who wish they had my attention were being quite attentive to the theatrics unfolding along side them.


No comments: