Wednesday, December 03, 2008

da Bois


After having personal conversations with several gays now... I've come to quite a conclusion. Ethan did quite a job in rounding up the bois... his hot bois as he puts it. Most of the gays at school, seem to have crushes on one of us four--Ethan plus the original three whom he assembled into our group at the beginning of this semester. Its insane.

According to him, the year he took off from school and lived in the gay ghetto was the year that he learned that being hot could be a huge liability--everyone wants to fuck you and no one wants to just be your friend.

The four of us share this odd bond--like a mutual respect that far exceeds the actual level of our friendship. Whereas I usually have to get to know people well for me to respect them as friend or for me to acknowledge them on a consistent basis, the four of us go out of our ways to do both of things for each other. Its like whatever implied status we hold seems to give us the permission to believe and thus sort of construct the fact that we're like long lost BFFs.


With Ethan its been going on for a while now--this going out of your way to be respectful. For example, we'll both be taking to crowds in a very crowded area, and yet we manage to see each other from far away out of the corner of our eyes, and we look at each other until we each are staring at each other and then we say hi or nod. This behavior is very unusual--I usually just ignore people when I'm in a crowded room. I can't fully describe the interaction--its as if, we put the world on momentary hold until we acknowledge each other. But its not quite that way b/c we still continue talking to others while we do it. I think that additionally, our acknowledgment of each other is a semi-flirt... we usually smile somewhat seductively while we do it. I never do that w/ anyone else--unless I'm flat out into them and I know they are into me.

Today I really noticed this dyanmic with Two--the guy I've been into for a while now in addition Geekman. Two and I were walking towards each other--having not seen each other for ages. Though he ignores my IMs left and right (assuming he even gets them), though we were walking with big crowds and could've totally missed each other on this large street, we caught each other's eye contact from a while away, stared at one another and then smiled at each other in that otherly way, noded, and said hi.

I personally love it... its like freakin' awesome to have this bond with these guys... and yes, tonight was the VS show :-)

No comments: