Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Job


So I lost my old job and got a new job. Sort of. Two companies are collaborating and they called me to do the project. My old company is one of them, but since they can't afford me, the other is paying. Lots of money too. A month's salary for 10 days of non-stop work. I'm working with an old co-worker too. She's confirmed so many of my premonitions about how I was perceived at my old job by Spence and everybody else. It's kinda weird to get all the gossip on the back end :) There were several bets on two subjects--my age and my sexuality. All placed their bets on me being straight--except for my admin and one abstention. The lots were cast evenly for me being 22 and me being 27. The discrepancy apparently arose as a result of my attitudinal "maturity". I sure fucken hope I don't look old.

No comments: