Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I'm so happy today. I've been busting my butt to get back into shape after pride. I tore down the house at pride. It was fantastic. I took off my shirt and the dance floor seemed to come to a halt. A group of men around me, whom I did not know, bursted out into cat calls as my torso came into view.

I thought I was in good shape. I didn't think it was worth all that.

As I get older, and I settle into working life, I pick up on people's insecurities more easily. I'm entering that age where what people wanted to achieve they will have soon, and what they shelved away, will likely never happen or perhaps after they retire.

One regret that comes up often, or perhaps it is not a regret, but instead an insecurity, is the experience of feeling desireable and beautiful.

It seems that few get this privilege. Is that really the case? Or is it just amongst the professional class.... ?

No comments: