
Holy shit—the glasses worked!
I just finished my first meeting with the hens (older domineering women)—and it went great!
The glasses totally did the trick. I didn’t get a single problematic look. Yea—so one of them still gave me the funny grin and smile as she just stared at my face—but there was no fear in it. It was fantastic.
I went out of my way too to look for a pair that were large and that made me look not just intellectual but also innocent. I wasn’t going for the whole sexy angular look. I was looking for something that blared—socially awkward.
Even one of my female coworkers acted different—less aggressive and more sensitive. Shit—glasses make people be nice.
In addition, they changed how I acted. My smile went from confident to self-effacing and demure. I didn’t put my elbows up on the table. I moved my shoulders forward to avoid my chest sticking out. And it even seemed like people cared less that I was taller than they.
They were so fucken cheap too—about 20 bones.
I’d thought about glasses before but I just can’t believe it took a serious job situation to make me go out and buy them—I may even fucken wear them to the gym!
No comments:
Post a Comment